Wednesday, July 13, 2022

The Master Gardener

 I just started gardening the last couple years, I had a garden for a couple years when the kids were little, and it was fun, but more of just an experience with the kids than an actual productive venture. This year I am trying harder to find and grow veggies that will flourish in our growing zone here in MN, our season is kind of a short one up here, so you have to make every square foot count. 

Reading Psalm 1 the other day, I got stuck on verse 3. "And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."

Now as I am learning about gardening, I have learned that certain plants get started from seeds, indoors, sometime in March. Other seeds get planted straight into the ground as soon as the danger of frost is over, and yet others fare better in our MN autumns, as our summers can be dry and brutally hot. I am to plant veggies and fruits with their favorite companions to get the best yield, tomatoes love basil, and marigolds, put the pumpkins by the other squashes, beans and peas love growing next to each other, carrots and cucumbers and radishes and beets, they love each other also. Its turning out to be a fun lesson in not so simple living.

But all of this, it got me thinking about The Master Gardener, as I read that third verse over and over again. How He has planted ME, here, in this time, with the companions that He has planted around me in my life, to bear fruit for Him, in this season. 

As crazy as our world is right now, and as exciting as it is to watch prophecy unfold around us in real time, I am reminded, that I have been planted right here, right now, to bring forth fruit for HIM and for heaven. That I have no reason to fear the future of our country, our world, for I am planted by the rivers of water to bring forth fruit in my season, my leaves will not wither, and whatever I do will prosper for my Father in Heaven.

No comments: