Thursday, November 19, 2009

Being a Mom

Whew, being a godly mom is sometimes a very tough thing. Working on me as a person is hard enough, but then to work on me as a mom and wife adds so much more to it. I strive to be a godly woman, a godly mom and a godly wife. You would think they were all synonymous but they are 3 totally different things and yet, not different at all. Does that make any sense? I feel the difference, but to explain the difference is a challenge.

I see things with my children, and I think, "hey, thats not right! what happened to self-control, and respect for each other?" But then, if I'm honest with myself, I have to admit that I need to work on those very same things. So as I correct my children, they look at me like, "sure mom, and who do you think we learned this from?" I KNOW that they're right, and I am working on me, and I am also striving to be a godly mom, and admonish and correct them in a godly manner, ie, not in anger or frustration, but calmly and with Bible truths. I have found that it isn't always an easy thing to do.

The more I make this a part of my daily life I'm sure it will get easier? I'm hoping, and praying it does!!

One more thing to work on. And the never-ending, every-growing list just grew some more! Well, I guess we are all still under construction, God isn't finished with me yet either!

No comments: