Friday, February 12, 2010

Stress, life and letting go and Letting God

Wow, it's been forever, again! Things have been stressful in our lives lately, well, really, for the last few months.
Construction has slowed down, pretty much at a standstill, with D building hotels. God has provided work for him, sometimes on a day by day answer to prayer! It has been amazing when I can step back , remove myself from the stress of it all, and see how God is working. But those of you who know me, know that I don't very often step back from it all, and I have a very hard time removing myself from the stress of it all.
Needless to say, stress in my life magnifies itself in my ability to sleep, or my INABILITY to sleep. I may be able to fall asleep, but an hour or two later I'm up, and pacing the house.
The BP are great, they are doing great in school, have found the one thing that they love. Believe it or not, they love to write essays!!! I let them choose a topic and then we head to the library and check out some books on the topics of their choices and they spend the next week studying and reading up on their topics. Which means quiet afternoons for me, and it also means that I have been reading up on the topics too! So I have something to go off of when I grade their work!
One thing I can say, I'm not letting the stress get to me as bad as it was 2 months ago. Now I can pray about it, let HIM take care of it, and I don't live my life with that ever-present icky feeling in the pit of my stomach. I am learning to let go and let God. Somedays are harder than others, on those days I usually go about my day with a gnawing feeling in my stomach and tears in my eyes. But those days are getting fewer and fewer. And I am getting closer to my Heavenly Father, as I have found out that He is my only strength. So thru all of the stress and anxiety and tears and Tums, and prayers, I am getting stronger!! And I find myself thanking Him for blessing me with my wonderfully amazing children and my amzing, tender, loving, forgiving husband.
I highly recommend letting go and letting God take care of all our worries and cares and all of the things that we find oursleves stressing out about. He can and will free us from all of the cares of the world when we set our eyes on Him, obey His Word and follow His Will for our lives. Such freedom that only He provides!!

No comments: