Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Sunday Evening Post

sorry, couldn't think of a witty and charming title.. so I went with simple. :)

some weekends can be described as exhausting. this has been one of those weekends. HH ended up working (not on our house) yesterday.

Beans, Mouth and I went over to the Country Boys house and helped them move out of the old farm house and into their new rambler :) There is something about a brand new house, brand new cupboards, they make you want to wash all the dishes before you put them away in those shiny new cupboards. I stood at the sink for 3 hrs yesterday and washed the kitchen dishes for CBs (Country Boy) mom. There is something gratifying when you open up those shiny new cupboards and see shiny dishes :) It made me want to come home, clean out all my cabinets and wash everything!!! I haven't done that yet. But I will be doing that when our house is construction-dust- free :)

Beans, Mouth, CB and the Tall Lanky One moved furniture, books, dishes, canned goods, pretty much everything... it was exhausting. But so gratifying at the end of the day when everything was put away. I dropped off the two girls today so they could help get those last odds and ends things done for CBs mom. The kids have so much fun together, and work SO well together!! So its a win/win situation for everyone.

HH and the rest of the Pack and I have been working on our house all day. Siding!!!!! I am SO excited to have this part done!! It makes everything look like its coming together :) I spent a few hrs polyurethaning tongue and groove knotty pine. They will be our vaulted ceiling in the new addition :) It is going to look gorgeous!!!! I can't wait!!!

CBs mom thinks my girls are prim and proper and calm and cool and collected... I think she found out yesterday that they are goofy and silly and funny and random and cute and fun to be around :) They can also move furniture with the men and keep up with them, sometimes they put the men to shame ;) but thats my girls :D

I am getting very excited to get flooring in my house... subflooring is not easy to keep clean. you can't wash it. you can't sweep it (well you can, but it never really gets clean). Its kinda a headache. we wear shoes IN THE HOUSE. Its crazy. I cringe. and close my eyes. and pretend I don't see it.
It only works for so long tho. :P

Well I must be off. Supper is bubbling on the stove (chili!! Yum!!). and I better get outside and help HH with the siding :)

No comments: