Saturday, October 2, 2010

I want to be like her...

Saying "Good Bye" is such a difficult thing to do. When we know our loved one is going to be in Jesus' arms soon, we know that it is not a time to be sad but to be joyful that they are without pain, that they will once again be totally lucid and not confused, but I can be selfish and not want him to go. Right? I can still grieve and my heart can be breaking for the strong woman he is leaving behind. Seeing her sitting by his bed, with her head lying on the pillow next to his head, seeing her lips moving and tears flowing down her cheeks, knowing she is praying for a swift and painless passing for her beloved husband, thinking that THAT is the woman I want to be like. Trying to imagine the feeling of going home alone, thinking of the preperations that she will be making in the days ahead, not being able to imagine being able to do any of that, yet knowing she will, she doesn't have a choice. So I can be selfish and not want it to happen, not now, not ever. But I know it will, thats part of life. God's plan for all of us. For everything there is a season. That's just the way it is. So I will carry that picture in my heart forever. Of this amazingly strong godly woman sitting by her beloved husband, tears flowing down her cheeks, and seeing her lips moving in prayer. She is my Grandmother. I love her. I want to be like her.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'm so sorry, Shanan!!! I always start to wonder why God lets us go through such hard times, but right away remember that he's making us stronger and giving us great opportunities to be lights for Him! You'll all be in my prayers and I hope someday I can be like that, too!