Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm still here :)

So much has happened the last few weeks around here...



  • A very close friend of the Pack came to evangelistic meetings a few weeks ago. She texted us later that night and told us that she had prayed and she had accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior! We were so happy! Then she invited invited invited... 2 more friends accepted Christ as Savior that week :)


  • Then I received a text from her. it was the next week. it was 8 am. on a school day. she was very upset. the kids at the local high school had just received word that one of their classmates had committed suicide. right away she has been put in the fire. and it tested her. and we prayed. and prayed. and prayed. she was immersing herself in her new Bible. trying to find answers. she did good. the end of that same week. she calls Beans. she's in tears. another classmate had just committed suicide and she was afraid for the rest of her classmates. the whole town went into crisis mode. every teen was watched. parents took time off of work to be home with their kids. the crisis center had beds full of teens on suicide watch. the local hospital had 1 teen admitted. we have had 2 funerals this week. 2 kids with their lives ahead of them. its hard to understand.


  • friday night on tv there was a program. it was about 'IFB' churches. I had never heard anyone refer to Independent Fundamental Baptist churches as 'IFB'. it was kinda scary how they brought to light so many things. I was raised in an 'IFB' church. I still go to that same 'IFB' church. I think all "religions" have churches and pastors that are bad apples and I don't think we should all be painted with that same broad brush. But listening to the people being interviewed... I can really see some of the things that they talked about. I have struggled with the narrow-mindedness of 'fundys' lately. more and more in the last 5 yrs. it has made me step back and really search my heart and examine things a little more closely. I'm still trying to figure out things.



  • we are celebrating 2 birthdays this weekend :) Baby Sister turned 9 a couple weeks ago and Little Brother turns 11 tomorrow!! I am going to try my hand at some pretty fancy cakes. we'll see how that turns out...



  • the next couple days I plan on getting some spring cleaning done. its supposed to snow. um. yeah. not happy about that. at. all. my front porch is just now getting easier to clean. its going to be back to mud and muck by the weekend :P yuck.



  • am I only person that does not get this 'WINNING' thing that is going around?? I have heard about it. seen it on FB. its mentioned on tv shows. brought up on news casts. I think it all has to do with Charlie Sheen? I guess my thoughts are that anything that has Charlie Sheen in it can not be thought of as 'winning'. I pity the man. He seems to be SCREAMING for help and people are making him into a hero of some kind. I guess it makes me sad because it really shows how immoral our world has become. And it scares me to think my children are growing up in this corrupt and immoral world. yikes.

Guess I better get busy with that 'spring' cleaning list that is about a mile long :P and make some cakes and get them in the freezer. and figure out what I'm going to feed the Brat Pack for dinner. and. and. and..... :D I hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods. if it is, soak some up for me please!!! I have a feeling we are going to be on a 8 day drear around here :P and you know what that means. I pout. ;)



No comments: