Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Sunday Evening Post

My husband is the most A.MAZE.ING. man. In. the.world. !! But I may be biased. Ok. It was our 16th wedding anniversary on Friday. He came home on Tuesday with a surprise for me. A new camera! I LOVE IT!!! Then on Thursday night he gets home from work and tells me he has made plans for the weekend. and to get in the truck. :) He had made reservations at a hotel for the next 2 nights. yes. 2 NIGHTS!!! just him and me. bliss. He had Incorporated Beans' help. She packed our bags for us. and had everything arranged so when HH got home everything would be ready to go. She's a great kid. I may love her. A lot.

So we spent 2 nights in a hotel. and did absolutely nothing. I guess that was the point. It was very quiet. and I have to say. it was nice. kinda (?). maybe a little too quiet for me. but we both needed the time away from the Pack and the time together.

We ordered the flooring while we were gone :) I LOVE IT!!! It is going to be a LOT of work. But I think the end result is exactly what we are looking for :)

When we got home the Pack had the house spotless. Fresh cookies on the counter. Laundry done. I kinda love them. A lot.

Oh~ guess what I did the moment we got in our hotel room???

I took my shoes off!! The girl who has always ran around barefoot has been wearing shoes for the last 4 months. In. the. house.
Yuck.

That is one (of the many) reasons I cannot wait to get flooring!!!

Bare feet.... who knew?

So we get home yesterday morning. And you know what HH does? He puts on his tool belt and starts working on the house. Always working on the house. He's pretty amazing. Don't you think so?
Yep. Thats what I thought ;)

And you know what he did this morning when he woke up? Yep. He strapped that tool belt back on and got back to work. The days are getting shorter. And the wind is getting colder. Our days of working on the outside of our little nest are numbered. We (he) only has one small gable left to do with siding and the outside of the house is DONE!!!! yay!! Hopefully next weekend we (he) can get it finished up! :)

I kinda' sorta' love that man. He's pretty amazing.

You know what I did today?

I made sure he had plenty of hot cocoa. and cookies. and I made 2 kinds of soup for supper. Sausage and bean for HH. And roasted chicken and corn chowder for the Pack. And hot ham and cheese sandwiches to finish it off.

You know what? I hate soup.

No. I mean, I really CANNOT STAND soup. Yuck.

You know what else I can't stand? Hotdish. Most any kind of hotdish. I cannot stand it. Tator tot hotdish? Gross!!!! Shepherds pie? Double Gross!!! Any kind of hotdish. yuck :P and you know what I make at least 2-3 times a week? some sort of hotdish. they are easy to make and I can add noodles or beans or potatoes and make them filling for my Pack.

And I don't eat any of them. That, my friends, is why I always serve them with lettuce salad. I will only eat the salad. And I make the Pack eat at least a little bit of the hotdish. Because I'm the mom and its my job to make them eat things that I won't touch with a ten foot pole ;) lol

You know what? Its gettting pretty chilly around here. And we still have to get the woodstove cleaned up and ready for the season. SO you know what I do? I bake :) Cookies. Bars. Cake. Muffins. anything for an excuse to start up the oven and get some warmth in the house :)

Who needs soup or hotdish when you have cookies, bars, cake and muffins?? ;)

Guess what I will be doing this week? Picking out colors!!! We have 4 rooms that need to be painted :) And I am going to pick out summer colors :) Powder blue for the schoolroom/addition. Buttercup yellow for my kitchen. A very creamy cream color for the livingroom. And the master bedroom... hmmm, still deciding on that one.

Hopefully I will enjoy the color choices in the middle of a 2 week drear.

You know.
When the sun doesn't shine.
And the wind blows.
And the snow piles up.
yep.
That's a 2 week drear.
It happens.
And I don't like it.
So I choose to surround myself with summer any way I can :)

We will see if it works for me ;)

Well gotta go and pour thru magazines and dream about what I want my nest to look like!

No comments: