Saturday, April 17, 2010

Better Mood :)

I am happy to report, I am in a much better mood this morning! Had a long talk with my Lord last night, got some things right with Him, asked Him for some help in a few areas. Yep, went to sleep so nice last night. Got up right away this morning, got right back into His Word, talked with Him some more, asked Him for help with an attitude adjustment, and here I am. In A Much Better Mood :) I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father that is there for me in everything in my life!!!

Last night I was looking for a verse to memorize as I fell asleep. On the front of the church bulletin is the verse, Matthew 5:24. Boy did that kick me in the pants :/ Then I was convicted of my attitude towards "said friend" in yesterdays post... so guess what? yep, "said friend" will be receiving a little apology note from me this week. Not to say that our friendship can ever go back to what I thought it was to begin with. But I do need to get rid of this weight around my neck, I need to ask for forgivness and throw away this bitterness. God has used "said friend" in my life to show me that I was putting too much value on an earthly friendship, I must go to HIM with everything, unload on Him, my first thought when I find myself lonely, or frustrated must be to run to Him, not the phone to call said friend. My second instinct should be to go my Handsome Hubby, not a "said friend". I am praying for the right words to express myself in my apology. Heaven knows I don't want to dig myself into a deeper hole!!!

I considered deleting yesterdays post in its entirety. But decided against it. It's who I am, my struggles, my feelings, my sinful attitude. I can use it as a reminder of what I need to work on. And I hope it can help someone else maybe who is going thru similar feelings and situations. So it stays. In all its ugly glory :/ And I will go back and read it someday and be glad that I posted it, if for no other reason, to remind me of what I DON'T want to go back to.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'm so glad you left the other post up! (I just read them together.) It's great to not feel like I'm the only one with so much to learn before I'm perfect! ;)

Friendships really can be so tricky, and it's really hard when things happen that kind of ruin them. I'll be praying for you!

And even though we're only friends online these days (which will hopefully someday change!), I think of you as a wonderful friend!