Thursday, April 22, 2010

Nothing to say

yep, you read it right, I really have nothing to say. *gasp*! for those of you who know me, you know that that doesn't happen very often! So I guess I'll just jot down whatever comes to mind... I know, that can be dangerous!

*~ Ok, lately I have been wishing for more babies > Handsome Hubby thinks I'm crazy! I go thru my moments when I wish I hadn't gotten my "tubes tied". I really am happy with my Brat Pack. And I love being able to go places and do things without the whole tribe following me around like little ducklings. But there are days that I think, "I wonder what it would be like if we hadn't decided to stop having kids?" well, for one, we would probably have at least 12 children by now. can you imagine? 30 yrs old and 12 kids??? 2. we would be packed into our little house like sardines in a can. I know, God would have provided. But I imagine we would still be packed into our tiny little house.... 3. I doubt we would have been able to travel with Handsome Hubby like we have for the last 3 years. and I wouldn't trade that for anything!

Then I have to remind myself ~ I really am enjoying the BP getting older! Handsome Hubby and I are finally able to do things just the 2 of us. We are looking forward to being young and haveing an empty nest. We never had any time, just the 2 of us, when we first got married, Beans was born 2 months after we were married. We dream of being able to travel and enjoy things without worrying about the cost of things. That sounds awful doesn't it? Let me explain...

When you go to an amusement park, or stay at a hotel, or even just go out to McDonalds... think how much $ that would cost for a family of 7. With 2 teenagers! Its not cheap! Very rarely are we able to squish into one hotel room (without lying to the front desk). It costs over $30 to go thru McDonalds. We have never been to an amusement park because it would cost over $100 and thats NOT including food or extras. Don't get me wrong, we have been able to do alot of things with our BP. I always pack lunches and we bring our own water bottles that we fill at drinking fountains and gas stations. Even if its a trip to town that I know is going to run over a meal time, I pack a lunch and water bottles! Sometimes you can find 1/2 price coupons, or you can find places that kids eat free or places that kids get in free on certain dates. We love places like that!
~ yikes, all of that, just because I have been wishing for more babies?! ~

*~ I LOVE SUMMER! Yep, I have been thinking about that alot lately :) I am thinking that we are crazy for living up here in the winter. I never realize how much the sun and weather affect me until it finally gets nice out and I see the sunshine for 7 days (in a row!!), I start feeling this cloud of gloom lifting from my shoulders, I find myself smiling more and more. I start looking at things positively. The house is cleaner( because I feel like cleaning it!), and smells fresher with the windows open. Its easier to keep up on the laundry ( you can fit alot more shorts and tank tops into one load than jeans and sweatshirts!). I don't hear the furnace kickin' in and makin sucha racket, especially now, since it went kapoot 2 weeks ago. (*sidenote* for those of you who don't know me, I am very noise sensitive. I can't sleep with the furnace running, its loud!, I can't fall asleep when the fridge runs, I have to have every light off in the house to fall asleep. We don't have any night lights in the house. I know, I'm weird.) Yep, I'm a summer girl :) My dream would be to live down south where its summer all year long :)

*~ I find encouragment in the littlest things lately. Mrs Pastor called yesterday wondering if we would like anything put on the updated prayer list. My answer, "WORK!" you see, Handsome Hubby works construction, and as we all know, construction is not a good business to be in right now. He is a site superintendant. For commercial building, hotels to be exact. But with the economy the way it is, people just aren't building hotels, and banks aren't lending for poeple to build hotels. So work has been a hard thing to come by. And if you have been following my blog for very long, you know that I have struggled with being here. I would love to be back on the road. I have a nomad's heart. My perfect life would be travelling from one job to the next. 12 months in any given location, then moving on. Ok, anyway, back to Mrs Pastor calling... I updated her on where we are sitting for work right now. We are still praying for a hotel to come up, but we have finally given it ALL to Him. I would love to be on the road, but am content being here, that's where God has us right now, and I will be HERE, totally here. Her answer? " Now that you are content with being here, He'll answer your prayer. You had to give him everything and be content with where He has you at this moment." So I am still going to be praying for the "impossible" ( the world would look at the possibility of a hotel as impossible), that a hotel will come up for Handsome Hubby soon, and I will be content to be here. Right where God wants me.

*~ Handsome Hubby has been working construction for exactly 3 days and I LOVE IT!! God has provided in the most amazing ways, and I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father who loves and cares for His own. Handsome Hubby is not building hotels (which is what he loves to do), but he is working hard and has a purpose to get up and get going every morning! After having him home all winter, (and the last month and a half he's been working nights, so our days have been messed up), it is nice to have him working days again. All day, Monday - Friday. It feels like life is getting back to normal. Well at least until next week when I start working! Then it will be another big adjustment for all of us!

hmmm, I guess I had more to say than I thought... For for those of you who know me, know that this is truly who I am :) Always something to say.

No comments: