Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Too Long

Wow, ok, I know I said I was going to try to be better about posting... I guess I have just shown that I cannot be trusted to follow thru :P To be quiet honest, there has been many nights that I have thought about what I SHOULD be blogging about, what I COULD be blogging about. But that's as far as it has gotten. Just a thought in my mind, never made it to my fingertips on the keyboard.


Anyway, here we go. An update from the Anderson's!


We now have an 8 yr old in the house! Baby Sister turned 8 last month! She is such a joy to have in our lives. Our own little tornado that twirls and cartwheels and spins thru our lives! Last week she came upstairs wearing Little Brother's clothes and shoes with her hair tucked up into one of his caps! I had to do a double-take! She has been wearing his clothes all week now and everytime she comes in I have to make sure it isn't Little Brother that I am talking to. I remember those days. When I thought all my brothers and boy cousins had it so much better than I did and I wanted to be just like them. Yep, I dressed in boy clothes and would tuck my hair into a cap and ride their bikes and try to be all tough just like them. But then I got over it! I realized that being the only girl was a pretty cool thing. Baby Sister will never be the only girl, but she'll realize that being a girl is a pretty cool thing, and she'll want to wear her pink dresses and shoes again. Come on, boys just can't accessorize like girls! And Baby Sister loves to accessorize ;)


Little Brother turns 10 tomorrow ~ I can't believe all my babies are getting so big so fast! I don't even know what I am going to get him for his bday yet. You see, I have a hard time getting my BP something just to "get them something" . I would rather wait and give them something that they could use, or something that means something to them. I guess that's my excuse for not getting him anything yet.


One blessing that I want to tell you all about ~ last night Beans and I went to the library for a "meet the author" thing. The author was giving pointers on how to publish a book. The nuts and bolts of writing an all the depressing facts of getting your book published. Like the fact that out of every book of hers that is sold she only makes .60 !!! That is CRAZY!!! That's all of her time and effort and her WORDS on that paper and she only gets .60!!! Of course, the top 10 authors make more than that, but honestly, who dreams of being as great as Stephen King, Jodi Piccoult? They are in a class all of their own. Well, it was great info for Beans as she has been playing around with a novel for the last year but has never really gotten around to formatting it. So now maybe she can get working on it this summer and hopefully finish it :) And I found out that I can do a Vanity Publishing of my short stories. I don't want to sell my stories, just get them published in a book form for the BP when they get older. And have stories to tell my grandchildren. And they would actually see pics and read the words and they could pass those stories down to their children. What an amazing family heirloom I could create.


Well, anyway, onto the blessing.... we walked into the library and our favorite librarian exclaimed, "You homeschool!!!" uh, yes, we homeschool... well, here they had gotten a whole 8th grade curriculem given to them!! And I know the company that it was from. And its the entire 8th grade curriculem... math, science, geography, language arts, health, and bible!!! What a blessing that is!!! Now Beans wants to do school all summer too. She has finished the 8th grade with the curriculem that we have always used, but she wants to do this curriculem too :) I love her!


We had evangelistic meetings at church last Sunday-Wednesday night. It was great. So many decisions made. I made a few decisions of my own, and am working on them daily. We have also started to get more involved at church again. We held back for so long, praying that we would be moving on soon. But that is not what God has put in our lives at this point. It looks like we will be staying put for the time being, maybe God has been anting us to put our roots down and get involved again. We're not sure what He has planned for our future but right now we are here so we will BE here. We are still praying that something will come thru for Handsome Hubby. That he will be able to get back to doing the work that he loves. But right now I am so thankful for man who is not too proud to work wherever he can so he can provide for his family. We know that nothing is impossible for God, and so we are still praying for that phonecall telling us that a hotel has come thru and that he will be breaking ground. IF that is God's Will for us right now. So until then....


The weather is finally nice up here! Sunshine and warmth!! Baby Sister and Little Brother already are sporting some color on their cheeks and their hair is already getting blonder! I love summer :) Can't wait till we can go swimming everyday!! The BP are getting excited for camp in July. Baby Sister has one more yr at home with me,next year Beans is old enough to be a Jr Counsleor and THEN Baby Sister can go. I am just not ready to send her someplace new, with people that are new, in a bed that is new. And she sleepwalks... terrifys me that she could wander out of her cabin and no one would be listening for her!! So next year she can go when Beans is sleeping in her cabin and Beans is amazing with Baby Sister, she has awlays been the one to wake up when Baby Sister starts her wandering.


Well, we are off to the park or the afternoon :) I promised the BP a day at the park and we love going before the PS kids get out!!



No comments: