Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Good Place

Ever have that feeling when you just KNOW that you are in a good place? Things may not always be easy. Relationships may not be perfect. Children are learning lessons, some of them hard lessons. And yet you just KNOW that you are in a good place in your life? Yep. That's how I have been feeling the last couple weeks.

I have an amazing, godly husband who loves us more than words can say. Seeing his heart for his girls brings tears to my eyes. Knowing he wants what is best for them, how he wants to protect their hearts and guide them thru the rocky path of teenage life, it makes me fall in love with him even more.

Seeing the love he has for the teenagers that come thru our door, (and sometimes it seems they will never leave) knowing he is the only male influence some of these kids have in their lives, and seeing him rise to the responsibility, it makes my heart happy.

Watching him guide our only son, trying to raise him up to be a man of courage. A man that will be used greatly by God. Seeing him struggle to walk that line between being tough enough on our boy, but yet be gentle and loving and kind also. It makes my heart happy to see them both growing to be the men God wants them to be.

We are in a very good place right now. A place that our family has not been in for a very long time. It makes my heart happy.

No comments: