Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bring on 2012!!

It was great to get up this morning and get back to the "normal" routine around here :) Christmas stuff is all put away. Still trying to find pictures that belong on the walls and my slippers. Where in the world would they have disappeared to??? Its not like we have a big house with lots of hiding spots. Cuz we don't. School is in session. House is (somewhat) clean.

Christmas was great here. The Brat Pack are amazing kids. They want so little and are so thankful for what little they get :) HH and The Pack spoiled me this yr! I got a Kindle. yep. A Kindle Fire to be exact. And now I get to eat my words of saying , "I don't think I would ever want one. I love the feel of a book in my hands. I love to curl up with a good book, how can you 'curl up with a Kindle'? it doesn't even sound right..."

Ok. I LOVE my Kindle! I love that there are exactly 45,783 free, yes FREE, Kindle books that I can download. Some of them are trash. but there are alot of great ones on there too :) I love that I can read in bed with HH and not have to have the light on. I love the fact that I no longer need to worry about space for books (no, I'm not getting rid of my favorites). I have the Fire, so I can go online whenever I want. Blog from it. Check email. Oh, and it has this funny thing called 'auto correct'.... hmm, some funny things pop up on that. Cracks me up every time ;)

The Pack gave me a picture frame collage thing :) it has space for 9 pictures... now to wait till we get a nice blanket of snow so we can do a mini photo shoot so I can fill those 9 slots.

I have decided that I will (should??) use the elliptical whenever I go on my Kindle to read. I figure it will either cause me to get in amazing shape!!! or cause me to hate my Kindle... ;) I guess I'm gonna find out.

Nothing much else going on around here. The kids are great. Healthy, happy, well adjusted as ever. HH is working. ALL the time. which is a good thing. And I will be thankful :) The hot water heater is working again. It feels SO good to be able to take hot showers again!! Still waiting to get shelves on the walls so I can get my craft stuff out of storage. :) Itching to scrap the house remodel and make invites to the little party we plan on throwing in January :)

No comments: