Friday, February 26, 2010

Fresh Friday


ok, I know I said I was going to start this last week, but to be honest, I didn't make any thing "fresh" last Friday, and I couldn't think of what to blog about. But that has changed this week!!

This is the first ever Fresh Friday for me, but many more in store! An old stand-by at the Anderson's house, but always a winner!!


Homemade Pizza!

pizza crust:
1 cup warm water
2 tsp yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp oil
2 1/2 cups bread flour

you can let rise if you want, but I usually am making these
as a last minute meal and don't take the time for it to rise.
spread it on a greased pizza pan, (I like using a stone)
I sprinkle corn meal on my greased pan b4 spreading the
dough.

Spread pizza sauce over dough.
I use Hunt's Spaghetti sauce for the pizza sauce
because that's what my mom always used, and I happen
to like the taste.

Now this is where it gets fun...
sometimes I will grate some fresh parmesan over it at
this point. sprinkle some pizza blend shredded cheese over
then you can add your favorite toppings...

Handsome Hubby likes italian sausage and onions
Brother Alan likes plain pepperoni
Beans likes sausage and pepperoni, no onions!
Blue Eyes and Joseph love sausage, mushrooms and black olives
Brooker's choice is canadian bacon and pineapple
Belle loves sausage, green pepper and onion

My favorite toppings are gr pepper, red pepper, onion, black
olives and mushrooms. with a few sausage thrown in ;)

Sprinkle with a handfull of shredded cheese and bake at
425 for 20 minutes
enjoy!

No comments: