Monday, January 17, 2011

Sympathetic ?

I was informed last weekend that I do not have a sympathetic bone in my body.
You know what?
I think you may be right.

Handsome Hubby messed up his back Saturday morning.
Was I overly helpful the rest of the weekend?
Not especially so.
Sorry.

Thursday
Midnight
Blue Eyes sneaks into my room quietly
stops by MY side of the bed and whispers
MOM!? *notice how whispers are the louder than normal talking voices when whispers
are said by children?*
"MOM!? Baby Sister just threw up all over our bedroom"
my response?
"Get a bucket of water and a rag and clean it up"
She *whispers* "I can't. I'll throw up too if I do"
She has her daddy's stomach of steel I tell ya.
So I drag my tired body out of bed (did I mention that I hadn't slept well
for the 3 nights previous? Darn stress :P),
up the stairs, get on my knees and scrub the carpet.
Baby Sister is lying on her bed, pale, moaning, clutching her stomach.
"Get yourself a bucket. Clean up around your bed. And go rinse out your mouth"
I tell her.

Yep, you heard me right.
No, "Ohhhh Baby Girl, are you alright?" "Do you want to cuddle on the couch with me?"
No, " What can I do for you sweetheart?"
Nope. Not me.
I'm a 'black and white' type of girl.
A 'see a problem and fix it' type of girl.

I guess what I'm trying to say is,
If you have a problem that needs fixing?
I'm the girl for you!
If you are looking for a shoulder to cry on?
Ummm, call someone else ;)

No comments: